Migration from WICED to WHD for STM32

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
cniclaes
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello,

It seems that support of chips such as CYW4343W or CYW43438 on non-PSOC devices (e.g. STM32) will be slowly moved from WICED to WHD (as told in other posts).

I just checked the "STM32 Connectivity Expansion Pack 1.0.1" provided by Infineon. It's a special port of the WHD package v1.93 and seems to fit very well for what we need.

Just a question about Bluetooth part of the Combo: these packages (WHD or STM32 Connectivity) don't contain any bluetooth stack such as what was present in WICED. How to use the BT features of these chips? Do you have a separated package with the firmware related stuffs and the stack part (over the HCI link) ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

As per the software team, the current version of STM32 Connectivity Expansion Pack 1.0.1 does not have the required libs to get started with Bluetooth. The next version of the expansion pack i.e. STM32 Connectivity Expansion Pack 1.1.0 is expected to release soon (I can't commit a deadline as of now), which will have the required support for Bluetooth.

Thanks

Aditi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Aditi_B

Hi,

I am checking on this with the internal team and will revert back to you.

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes
cniclaes
Level 3
Level 3

Any news?

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Hi,

As per the software team, the current version of STM32 Connectivity Expansion Pack 1.0.1 does not have the required libs to get started with Bluetooth. The next version of the expansion pack i.e. STM32 Connectivity Expansion Pack 1.1.0 is expected to release soon (I can't commit a deadline as of now), which will have the required support for Bluetooth.

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes
cniclaes
Level 3
Level 3

OK, that's good news, meaning there is an upgrade path from WICED to future design with STM32.

Aditi_B

Hi,

The new revision of STM32 Connectivity Expansion 1.1.0 is released. You can go through the following link to get a better idea.

https://github.com/Infineon/stm32-connectivity

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes