MFG test driver on BCM43364

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a BCM943364WCD1 Eval board which I'm trying to flash the mfg test FW on. My expectation is to see the label "(WLTEST)" when querying for the driver version through the wl application.

I have downloaded the WICED 3.7.0 SDK, and the "make" command I used to try to get the FW on there is "make test.mfg_test-BCM943364WCD1-ThreadX-NetX_Duo-SDIO". After this I navigate via the cmd line to where the wl applications are located and I start sending commands with the application wl43364A1.

Right now, when I send the command to get the driver version, I get the following response:

...> wl43364A1.exe --serial 6 ver

7.45 RC41.0

wl0: Jun 16 2015 11:58:55 version 7.45.41 (r554772) FWID 01-f160f50b

I expect to see in the response the label "(WLTEST)" to indicate that this is the proper manufacturing version. How do I achieve this? Is there a different make command I must use, or a different wl application?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Turns out I need to use a different make command to upload the manufacturing version of the driver onto the board. Putting it here for other's reference:

test.mfg_test-BCM943364WCD1 download download_apps run

Thanks to all who took the time to reply to this thread

View solution in original post

6 Replies