List Returned by 'wiced_wifi_get_associated_client_list()'

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WaCu_1902616
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

I've noticed a change in behaviour when calling 'wiced_wifi_get_associated_client_list()'.  In WICED 2.3.1 the call returned a list of the clients currently associated with the Soft AP interface (as expected.)  In WICED 2.4.0 the list now includes an entry for the AP with which the STA interface is associated.  Is this an intentional change?

0 Likes
1 Solution

The change initially did cause a problem for our code (it wasn’t expecting the extra entry in the client list,) but I was able to make modifications to compensate. If the change was intentional I’ll just keep using my modifications.

Thanks for looking into this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
GregG_16
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 25 comments on KBA

Hello,

I am checking in this for you.

0 Likes
GregG_16
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 25 comments on KBA

Seems this changed as the Broadcom WLAN driver changed within the WICED SDK.

So the change is intentional from the WLAN driver point of view, but WICED SDK did not dictate this.

Is it a problem for you the way the list is currently?  Or are you just wondering why is it different in the new SDK.

0 Likes

The change initially did cause a problem for our code (it wasn’t expecting the extra entry in the client list,) but I was able to make modifications to compensate. If the change was intentional I’ll just keep using my modifications.

Thanks for looking into this.