JTAG support

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does WICED SDK support the Macraigor System JTAG ? With the Macraigor JTAG connected, the JTAG scan utility can find the ARM Cortec processor, but it is unable to download code. Seems like the openOCD is not responding or configured properly.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I can see the only way to use the ULINK debugger is with the KEIL IDE.

Since I don't have a ULINK debugger nor a license for the KEIL IDE I cannot help you get this working.

If the KEIL tools understand the GNU ELF format then it should be possible to use WICED to build the ELF file and then use the KEIL tools to download and debug the application.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
WICED supports Olimex (FTDI-based) & Segger JTAG JLINK interfaces.

We have never tried Macraigor Systems JTAG.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jason,

Sounds Segger JTAG JLINK also doesn't work with WICED.

Thanks!

James

0 Likes

Hi,

What is the version of SDK and which eval board are you using?

-Seyhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Seyhan,

I use SDK3.0.1 and BCM943362WCD4_EVB hardware. Thanks!

Cheers!

James Sun

0 Likes

Hi,

Please make this change:

--- a/tools/OpenOCD/jlink.cfg

+++ b/tools/OpenOCD/jlink.cfg

@@ -10,2 +10,2 @@

interface jlink

-

+reset_config trst_and_srst

Thanks,

Seyhan

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks, will try...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Jason,

We have a board based on WICED which has a 10-pin header on it.  Supposedly it only supports SWD.  It looks like from the forums that Olimex was the suggested debug interface.  There is also some mention of SWD not being supported.

Weve spent a few days trying to get the USB-ARM-H as well as JLINK and an STLINK working with WICED.   We have had no luck.

Weve been able to use the JLINK and STLINK command line tools to program flash on our board so we know that the bare tools are at least installed correctly.  ULINK2 w/Keil can also program the board, but a $$$$$ flash tool isnt ideal.

Any suggestions on how to get any of these working?  Havent been able to get any answers locally.

Thanks,

Dick
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

ARM-USB-TINY & ARM-USB-TINY-H definitely work.

Re: Can you recommend a JTAG programmer?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

i also need to get the jlink working, can you please provide a link that works as this one returns the message:

marting14, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Thanks,
Martin

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another link for the page is Can you recommend a JTAG programmer?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

0 Likes

Nik

I'd like to use a ULINK-2 or ULINK-PRO Debugger (I have both).
Please advise how to add support for this in WICED

Thanks!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I can see the only way to use the ULINK debugger is with the KEIL IDE.

Since I don't have a ULINK debugger nor a license for the KEIL IDE I cannot help you get this working.

If the KEIL tools understand the GNU ELF format then it should be possible to use WICED to build the ELF file and then use the KEIL tools to download and debug the application.