Is there any hard limit on TCP's window size? If not how can I increase it?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MoNo_2793136
Level 2
Level 2

I am using the Murata reference board which is based on the 4343W. Currently, I measured the effective TCP throughput at 4.3 Mega Bits/second. My test scenario consists of an Android phone transferring a file to the WICED reference board through a TCP socket.  The Wireshark capture file (from the WiFi sniffer) indicates that when the link is setup, both Android and WICED have a matching MSS (Max Segment Size) set to 1460 but the Android advertises its TCP Window size to be at 256 but the WICED's TCP size is at 1. I am thinking about setting the WICED's Window size to 3 or 5 in order to increase the TCP throughput. What is the WICED's hard limit for the TCP's Window size? How can I increase WICED's TCP Window size?

Thanks, Mohammad

0 Likes
1 Solution

By default WICED uses 7 Kb window size as specified WICED_DEFAULT_TCP_WINDOW_SIZE in 43xxx_Wi-Fi/include/wiced_defaults.h.

Based on your host (assuming STM32F412), you can change the WS by using GLOBAL_DEFINES += WICED_TCP_WINDOW_SIZE=131072 in your application makefile.

View solution in original post

2 Replies