I want to use I2S MCLK as MCLK of external device. Is it possible? If so, how do I configure it?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I want to use I2S MCLK as MCLK of external device. Is it possible? If so, how do I configure it?

I use WICED 6.2 and I am using CYW43907.

Thanks and Regards,

David

0 Likes
5 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hi:

Do you mean to use MCLK only ?  or use I2S interface to connect with a codec ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The I2S MCLK interface is connected to the codec MCLK. The codec was not working properly,

so I supplied the MCLK separately from the outside and it worked normally.

Can I always activate I2S MCLK? Or should I use PWM or give MCLK from the outside?

Thanks and Regards,

David

0 Likes

Hello:

Do you have the MCLK description for the codec ?   I am a little confused about I2S_MCLK and chip MCLK . What is the value of the external MCLK you provide ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

At first, I2S_MCLK of MCU and MCLK of Codec chip were connected. Codec did not work properly in this situation.

I disconnected this and supplied 24.576Mhz CLK from the external board to the codec's MCLK.

Then, the codec works normally.

I want to supply MCLK (24.576Mhz) through I2S_MCLK of MCU or other PIN of MCU.

Thanks and Regards,

David

0 Likes

Hi:

I got your point,  24.576Mhz is a typical mclk value.  And which app are you using to enable the I2S interface function ?   assume you already found where to config 43907 i2s interface and start it.

Actually,  I am still struggling to find a simple way to enable i2s interface function to have a test in my evb .