Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SeFe_4295646
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

I'm getting to: wiced_assert( "ThreadX stack overflow", 0 != 0 );  when I try to run my application in debug mode.  Memory exploration indicates that there is not actually an overflow going on.  It happens when I receive the 2nd character via a UART connection (I've explored the receive buffer, first char is in the ring buffer) and from the stack trace indicated in the debugger is happening in the driver UART ISR.

I'ts preventing me from actually debugging, and I've tried ridiculously large stack sizes to no help.

I've also seen this discussion, ThreadX stack overflow when DEBUG enabled but increasing my stack size did not solve the problem.

Debug screen showing the assert, memory view of the stack area, thread details including stack pointer/start/end, and call trace here:

screen.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

SeFe_4295646​ Please refer to the solution in thread Crash/reboot when calling wiced_dct_read_lock()

ChOr_1920696​ Please create a separate thread if the solution in the reference thread does not solve your issue.

View solution in original post

9 Replies