How to print assert information

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaDo_4749886
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

while evaluating the Laird EWB board using WICED 6.6, i often run into failed asserts. Since the debugger is painfully slow, I am hoping to get some error information via UART.

The behavior of wiced_assert() is defined in wwd_assert.h by WPRINT_ENABLE_ERROR and DEBUG defines.

Where should I set those defines to get useful information (current file, line number and assert string) out of my UART interface? Especially WPRINT_ENABLE_ERROR  does not seem to exist neither in code nor documentation.

The same kind of information would also be helpful for stack overflows, heap allocation errors and general hard faults.

Thanks, 

Martin

0 Likes
1 Solution
Murali_R
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

I don't think there is a ready to use plug and play method where you could get the asserts provided by the debug configuration in the non debug build.

Although there are other debug options provided at /43xx-WiFi/include/wiced_defaults.h 

Can you look at these and see if any of the log enabling defines here could fulfill your requirement

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Murali_R
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

I don't think there is a ready to use plug and play method where you could get the asserts provided by the debug configuration in the non debug build.

Although there are other debug options provided at /43xx-WiFi/include/wiced_defaults.h 

Can you look at these and see if any of the log enabling defines here could fulfill your requirement

0 Likes