How to make support of SPI4 of stm32f4xx_rcc.h

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using stm32f429 for my custom board which is interfaced to SN8000x module.

I want to use the SPI4, in the STM32F429 , but as per the stm32f4xx_rcc.h file only upto SPI1-3 is supported.

So how can I add the support for SPI4 instm32f4xx_rcc.h file ?

Is that only needed or do I have to edit any other files in order to achieve this(some kind of .ld files).

0 Likes
1 Solution
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

Platform related support for each MCU family are located in .../WICED/platform/MCU directory.

To add SPI4 update to the family of STM32F4xx, SPI4 needs to be defined in stm32f4xxx_rcc.h.

Update the "#define NUMBER_OF_SPI_PORTS" with added SPI in platform_mcu_peripheral.h.

Update the platform_spi.c with additional SPI definitions to

"static const platform_peripheral_clock_function_t spi_peripheral_clock_functions[NUMBER_OF_SPI_PORTS] =" and

"static const uint32_t spi_peripheral_clocks[NUMBER_OF_SPI_PORTS] =".

Update the functions to retrieve the correct spi port number to map the correct defined structure in platform_spi_get_port_number(...).

Basically the low level interface functions for SPI are located in platform_spi.c file that needs to be updated. The definitions for mapping to hardware is in stm32f4xxx_rc.h

Seyhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

Platform related support for each MCU family are located in .../WICED/platform/MCU directory.

To add SPI4 update to the family of STM32F4xx, SPI4 needs to be defined in stm32f4xxx_rcc.h.

Update the "#define NUMBER_OF_SPI_PORTS" with added SPI in platform_mcu_peripheral.h.

Update the platform_spi.c with additional SPI definitions to

"static const platform_peripheral_clock_function_t spi_peripheral_clock_functions[NUMBER_OF_SPI_PORTS] =" and

"static const uint32_t spi_peripheral_clocks[NUMBER_OF_SPI_PORTS] =".

Update the functions to retrieve the correct spi port number to map the correct defined structure in platform_spi_get_port_number(...).

Basically the low level interface functions for SPI are located in platform_spi.c file that needs to be updated. The definitions for mapping to hardware is in stm32f4xxx_rc.h

Seyhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks seyhan

0 Likes