Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WICED Studio Wi-Fi Combo

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using stm32f429 for my custom board which is interfaced to SN8000x module.

I want to use the SPI4, in the STM32F429 , but as per the stm32f4xx_rcc.h file only upto SPI1-3 is supported.

So how can I add the support for SPI4 instm32f4xx_rcc.h file ?

Is that only needed or do I have to edit any other files in order to achieve this(some kind of .ld files).

0 Likes
1 Solution
SeyhanA_31
Employee

Hi,

Platform related support for each MCU family are located in .../WICED/platform/MCU directory.

To add SPI4 update to the family of STM32F4xx, SPI4 needs to be defined in stm32f4xxx_rcc.h.

Update the "#define NUMBER_OF_SPI_PORTS" with added SPI in platform_mcu_peripheral.h.

Update the platform_spi.c with additional SPI definitions to

"static const platform_peripheral_clock_function_t spi_peripheral_clock_functions[NUMBER_OF_SPI_PORTS] =" and

"static const uint32_t spi_peripheral_clocks[NUMBER_OF_SPI_PORTS] =".

Update the functions to retrieve the correct spi port number to map the correct defined structure in platform_spi_get_port_number(...).

Basically the low level interface functions for SPI are located in platform_spi.c file that needs to be updated. The definitions for mapping to hardware is in stm32f4xxx_rc.h

Seyhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
SeyhanA_31
Employee

Hi,

Platform related support for each MCU family are located in .../WICED/platform/MCU directory.

To add SPI4 update to the family of STM32F4xx, SPI4 needs to be defined in stm32f4xxx_rcc.h.

Update the "#define NUMBER_OF_SPI_PORTS" with added SPI in platform_mcu_peripheral.h.

Update the platform_spi.c with additional SPI definitions to

"static const platform_peripheral_clock_function_t spi_peripheral_clock_functions[NUMBER_OF_SPI_PORTS] =" and

"static const uint32_t spi_peripheral_clocks[NUMBER_OF_SPI_PORTS] =".

Update the functions to retrieve the correct spi port number to map the correct defined structure in platform_spi_get_port_number(...).

Basically the low level interface functions for SPI are located in platform_spi.c file that needs to be updated. The definitions for mapping to hardware is in stm32f4xxx_rc.h

Seyhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks seyhan

0 Likes