How to create a single .hex image in WICED 6.2?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
恒源郭
Level 1
Level 1

I use WICED 6.2 to build image for CY8CKIT-062. Now I want to use PSoC Programmer or KitProg2 to flash my target, so I need .hex image. but I can't find it in build directory "C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\Documents\WICED-Studio-6.2\43xxx_Wi-Fi\build\snip.scan-CY8CKIT_062-debug"

How to create a single .hex image?

BR,

HY

0 Likes
1 Solution

You can use command line to program the device. Please refer to chapter 2 " Programming using the command line" in the following KBA for details: Programming an EZ-BT WICED Module – KBA223428

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

The device is programmed with .stripped.elf file which can be found in the binary folder, not a .hex file.

恒源郭
Level 1
Level 1

Dear OwenZ_26,

I know, but PSoC Programmer need .hex image....

BR,

HY

0 Likes

Please use the WICED SDK to programm the device. If you want to use the programmer, you need to use Creator SDK.

0 Likes
恒源郭
Level 1
Level 1

As far as I know there is no BT and WiFi function in Creator SDK, right?

But we need the BT and WiFi function, and flash the image in the production line where has no development environment.

0 Likes

You can use command line to program the device. Please refer to chapter 2 " Programming using the command line" in the following KBA for details: Programming an EZ-BT WICED Module – KBA223428

0 Likes