How to build mfg_test on MurataType1LD on target board, not EVB

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EdGo_4771641
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

I want to run the mfg_test on my target board, which doesn't have any of the peripherals that the EVB has.

When I connect the EVB to my host processor UART pins, the mfg_test runs correctly, but when I program the same elf onto the Type1LD on my target board, it fails at the first command of 

wl43438A1.exe --serial 6 ver

Some serial bytes come back, but nothing like the full response string seen from the EVB.

Is there a list of HW dependencies for mfg_test, or a way of compiling the project without external HW dependencies? To start with, I don't have an SPI flash connected to my Type1LD.

I should say that the snip.uart works fine on my target board, so I have no problem running elfs, and no problem with the UART connection. I have also been able to run the bt_mfg_test in my target.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
EdGo_4771641
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Everyone,

It looks like this thread had the answers I was looking for:

https://community.cypress.com/t5/WICED-Studio-Wi-Fi-Combo/WICED-STM32F412-solution-How-to-avoid-usin...

I had to set

RESOURCES_LOCATION ?= RESOURCES_IN_DIRECT_RESOURCES

And I had to comment out

//#define WICED_PLATFORM_INCLUDES_SPI_FLASH

//#define WICED_SPI_FLASH_CS ( WICED_GPIO_1 ) /* PA4 */

Then I had to make sure I did a full clean in WICED, full erase of the chip in STM32CubeProgrammer, program the last_bootloader.elf then last_built.elf

Both snip.scan and test.mfg_test work on our target.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
EdGo_4771641
Level 3
Level 3

Maybe this leads to a further question: Is there a platform/template patch just for the Type1LD chip only?

0 Likes
EdGo_4771641
Level 3
Level 3

I also noticed that the boot is output in a separate elf file, but for the snip.uart, there is only one elf output.

0 Likes
EdGo_4771641
Level 3
Level 3

I only have SWD pin access to the Type1LD on my board, so I have to program it with STLink and STMCubeProgrammer.

0 Likes
EdGo_4771641
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Everyone,

It looks like this thread had the answers I was looking for:

https://community.cypress.com/t5/WICED-Studio-Wi-Fi-Combo/WICED-STM32F412-solution-How-to-avoid-usin...

I had to set

RESOURCES_LOCATION ?= RESOURCES_IN_DIRECT_RESOURCES

And I had to comment out

//#define WICED_PLATFORM_INCLUDES_SPI_FLASH

//#define WICED_SPI_FLASH_CS ( WICED_GPIO_1 ) /* PA4 */

Then I had to make sure I did a full clean in WICED, full erase of the chip in STM32CubeProgrammer, program the last_bootloader.elf then last_built.elf

Both snip.scan and test.mfg_test work on our target.

EdGo_4771641
Level 3
Level 3

snip.scan-MurataType1LD download run

0 Likes