How do I manage psoc 6 dual cores in wiced studio?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BeCo_289361
Level 3
Level 3
First like given

I am evaluating psoc 6 with the CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT. My needs are wifi, bluetooth, and both cores. I am using wiced studio. I have completed almost all the online courses in wiced wifi 101 and still have not came across any mention of the dual cores in psoc 6.

How does wiced studio accommodate the dual cores of psoc 6?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

WICED only supports CM4. CM0+ is put to sleep as stated in my previous response. Officially, Modus does not support dual core functionality of PSOC 6. The feature isn't tested and validated yet. The plan is to integrate dual core functionality with WiFi in Modus.

If you are able to target both the cores in Modus successfully as stated in your previous responses, you can go ahead with Modus.

https://www.cypress.com/products/modustoolbox-software-environment

You can target both the cores in PSoC Creator only, but you won't get the WiFi support in Creator. Sorry, for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Aditi_B

Hi,

You can find PSOC6.mk file in WICED. Location: 43xxx_Wi-Fi\WICED\platform\MCU\PSoC6\PSoC6.mk. In the makefile,

the Cortex core found under HOST_ARCH is ARM_CM4. ( HOST_ARCH  := ARM_CM4)

We will check on provision of using CM0+.

Thanks

0 Likes

Is PSoC6.mk executed when I build my project?

I picked this chip because of the dual cores. I need the M0+ to handle wifi and bluetooth while the M4 does other things. I successfully targeted both cores in creator and modus, but not wiced studio.

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Hi,

Yes, PSOC6.mk is the WICED_SDK_MAKEFILE that gets included when we build our project if the target platform specified is CY8CKIT_062.

You can see this in the config.mk file in the build directory in your project folder.

For ex: 43xxx_Wi-Fi\build\demo.ble_wifi_introducer-CY8CKIT_062\config.mk.

There is only support for CM4 in WICED. CM0+ is put to sleep.

Following link will help:

PSoC Creator vs. WICED

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks

I need wifi.

I need bluetooth.

I need both cores.

Can I use modus?

If not, what can I use?

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Hi,

WICED only supports CM4. CM0+ is put to sleep as stated in my previous response. Officially, Modus does not support dual core functionality of PSOC 6. The feature isn't tested and validated yet. The plan is to integrate dual core functionality with WiFi in Modus.

If you are able to target both the cores in Modus successfully as stated in your previous responses, you can go ahead with Modus.

https://www.cypress.com/products/modustoolbox-software-environment

You can target both the cores in PSoC Creator only, but you won't get the WiFi support in Creator. Sorry, for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks

I am not sure why I thought I successfully targeted both cores with modus. I clearly did not.

Thank you for you reply.

0 Likes