How do I configure the "Debugger" tab on eclipse to debug the CYW43907AEVAL1F with JLink?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far, I have been able to get eclipse download the code to the CYW43907AEVAL1F tool using SEGGER JLink.

But now the piece missing is the configuration for the "Debugger" tab. This is an image of the configurations I need to setup and I haven't been able to figure out how to properly do.

jlink.png

Has anybody been able to successfully debug this tool using the SEGGER JLink tool that can please help me know how to populate this?

Thank you very much!

Regards.

Manuel Malagon.

0 Likes
5 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Have you seen this post and the comment added at the bottom regarding J-Link?

https://community.cypress.com/community/wiced-wifi/wiced-wifi-forums/blog/2017/09/30/openocd-wiced#...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

mifo

Yes, and it's precisely the line:

2. Add the line below to /tools/OpenOCD/jlink.cfg

reset_config trst_and_srst srst_push_pull

The one that helped me configure the jlink to be able to "download" the code to the tool. Nevertheless, that post does not say anything about how to configure eclipse for debugging with the jlink probe that is where I'm stuck.

Also, the openocd_log.txt file within the build directory does not contain how to configure eclipse.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Adding mady grsr rroy riya vnak from the applications team.

Maybe one of them can explain this process.

0 Likes

I think page 27-28 of this document has what you need:WICED™ Development System Quick Start Guide 

Also, reset needs to connected, pin 15 on the jlink to the eval kit's J3 reset

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

mifo

I'm already connecting the pin 15 of the JLink to J3 (reset) on the eval kit. This can be verified because eclipse can download the code to the tool. If I don't connect this pin, the download fails.

Regarding the pages 27-28 of the mentioned document, I had already read the document and it refers about how to debug using the on-board debugger. This can be verified because it says to "double-click GDB Hardware Debugging" in the "Debug Configurations" menu.

Whereas for debugging with jlink you have to double click on the "GDB SEGGER J-Link Debugging" in the "Debug Configurations" menu. I can't find any reference in that document that shows how to configure the segger j-link debugger, just the on-board gdb debugger.

Thanks!

0 Likes