How can I check with RTOS is running on the wifi EVK ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help me with the below queries :

1) How can I check with RTOS is running on the wifi EVK ? Is there some command to check this ?

2) The Readme of SDK mentions "Xively "Internet of Things" protocol" as a application feature . Is there any sample app for the same ? Else, please help in how to integrate and write apps to connect to xivelt

3) How to port other protocols over wifi ? For example I want to have MQTT protocol.

Regards,
Aruna

0 Likes
5 Replies
JaeyoungY_71
Employee
Employee
First comment on KBA 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hi Aruna,

1) What is it that you want to check? Once you plug in your WICED board to your computer, you should see the app printing out basic information in your putty/coolterm depending on which app you are running.

print.PNG

2) Xively has recently stopped free enrollment of developer accounts. If you already have a Xively account grandfathered in, you can refer to the /snip/temp_control app to check the usage.

3) If you can wait a bit MQTT will be supported in the next WICED SDK release in August.

Thanks,
Jaeyoung

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Jaeyoung,

Thank you for your quick response.

I want to run sample apps of ThreadX and Freertos platform .Without running the sample apps can I find out which app is for which OS ?

Regards,
Aruna

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless the makefile of an app has VALID_OSNS_COMBOS setting, all the

applications should be built for both ThreadX and FreeRTOS.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you .

If the apps are built for both then how can I choose to run on a particular OS ? Please help.

Regards,
Aruna

0 Likes

You can specify it in the target name. The default if you do not specify would be ThreadX / NetX_Duo.

For ThreadX and FreeRTOS you can use the following format. Change the app name and the platform you are using accordingly.

make snip.apsta-BCM943362WCD4-ThreadX-FreeRTOS download run

Thanks,
Jaeyoung

0 Likes