How can I change the beacon interval and the transmission power for CYW943907AEVAL1F ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BhSi_4601116
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi,

How can I change the beacon interval and the transmission power for CYW943907AEVAL1F ?

Thanks and best regards

Bhawandeep Singh

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Hello Bhawandeep Singh,

Please go through the CYW43XX Technical Information - WL Tool for Embedded 802.11 Systems​ to check the corresponding WL commands.

For you ready reference, I am mentioning them here:

FunctionalityWL commands
Beacon intervalwl bi [<interval>]; where interval = 32 bit uint in miliseconds
TX powerwl txpwr1 [-d|-q|-m] <value>] [-o]

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Hello Bhawandeep Singh,

Please go through the CYW43XX Technical Information - WL Tool for Embedded 802.11 Systems​ to check the corresponding WL commands.

For you ready reference, I am mentioning them here:

FunctionalityWL commands
Beacon intervalwl bi [<interval>]; where interval = 32 bit uint in miliseconds
TX powerwl txpwr1 [-d|-q|-m] <value>] [-o]

Hi RaktimR_11,

Thanks.

Can you please give more details ?

How do I get wl utility ?

I do not see wl utility in -> <wiced_installation>\Apps\test\mfg_test\src\wl\exe

Can you please give detailed instructions ?

Thanks and best regards

Bhawandeep Singh

0 Likes

Since, you are using CYW43907, it is supported predominantly through WICED and to test out the above features, you don't need to compile any WL utility. There is an old documentation available in 43xxx_Wi-Fi/doc/WICED-MFG202-R.pdf which walks you through the WL description.

Just program the test.console example with CONSOLE_ENABLE_WL flag set to 1 in the Makefile. Then, you can test the instructions mentioned in the earlier response. Please note that the app note talks about mfg_test application; but my recommendation is to check with the test.console example. Please don't get confused. The test.console application is valid for production firmware and mfg_test firmware as well and commands are sent/received over uart. But the test.mfg_test example is meant for a PC based evaluation tool and only with mfg_test firmware

Hi RaktimR,

Thanks, I got how to do it.

Next question.

After the command, how and where do I test/ check that the effect took place ? Can it be done anywhere in the program/ IDE ?

Thanks and best egards

Bhawandeep Singh

0 Likes

Usually, the wl commands are get/set type of commands. So, you can send the same commands but without any arguments to validate the get option.

0 Likes