Has anyone tried to import all this code into another IDE?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having a hard time porting this over to CrossStudio ARM. The code is a real mess unless you use Eclipse. Also, it seems you have to use ThreadX. I tried other options such as NoOS, etc and it would not compile. Why do we need ThreadX to do a simple WiFi application? I would really like a simple layout that can be ported over and if I do want to add concurrency and threads, then I can do that easier than this layout.

0 Likes
5 Replies
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

The WICED SDK is makefile based and could be build in command line. Eg: "make snip.scan-BCM943362WCD4 download run" would build the scan app in snip directory for BCM943362WCD4 module and download it tot he target. All needed resources are included in the SDK.

Perhaps you can import the makefile project of WICED to your IDE.

Seyhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, the problem is how to setup the vector table with FreeRTOS. I had to google all over the place to find how to do it. I got the code to port over by looking at all the output ".o" files and copying the correct ".c" file into my project. A real pain but I got it to compile. Then it still would not run due to the vector table needing:

xPortPendSVHandler

xPortSysTickHandler

vPortSVCHandler

Now I am getting this error when I run it:

wiced_assert("BOTH DCTs ARE INVALID!", 0 != 0 );

in file wiced_dct_internal_common.c

So this is not an easy exercise and it should be. There should be a better set of notes on how to do this.

Thanks

John

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have ported to CooCox IDE (also Eclipse based), U must define all the symbols and take only the files and lib files required.

0 Likes
Félix_T
Level 5
Level 5
10 sign-ins First comment on blog 50 replies posted

We have successfully ported wiced 2.4 and 3.0.1 to Greenhills Multi, using the Greenhills uVelocity RTOS.  It takes a while and you have to patch in some code to make it work with your own environment, but as long as you can compile c99, wiced should technically work with any build environment. (if you are willing to define your own build structure and not always rely on the predefined make files)

We are working on morata  LBEE5PA1LD-005 this particular SOC has STM32F412 microcontroller + CYW43438 mircocontroller,we want to integrate WICED SDK with existing IAR project.

Is thereany librariy file of WICED SDK ?

Is there any step to include the source of WICED SDK into IAR ?

Thanks,

Suresh

0 Likes