Has Anyone Gotten OTA to Work in STA mode? (CYW943907AEVAL1F)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ChMa_3922746
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 10 likes given 5 likes given

The OTA solution I am using right now is from the examples.  It requires that the device be put into AP mode. 

My question is:  has anyone gotten OTA to work when the device is in STA mode (connected to an AP)?  If so, are there any examples around I could look at?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

Unfortunately, we don't have any code implementation for OTA in STA mode. The examples that we have in the snip folder in WICED for OTA works in AP mode only. This function wiced_ota_server_start() uses the WICED_AP_INTERFACE to provide the HTML pages which connects to the device. So, as of now we don't have any examples for STA mode. But, we do have the flexibility to start the OTA server with different interface. You can definitely go ahead for the STA mode implementation.

Thanks

Aditi

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

Unfortunately, we don't have any code implementation for OTA in STA mode. The examples that we have in the snip folder in WICED for OTA works in AP mode only. This function wiced_ota_server_start() uses the WICED_AP_INTERFACE to provide the HTML pages which connects to the device. So, as of now we don't have any examples for STA mode. But, we do have the flexibility to start the OTA server with different interface. You can definitely go ahead for the STA mode implementation.

Thanks

Aditi

Ok, thank you.  I don't think it is a big change to change from AP to STA mode.  Ideally, I would like to copy the OTA code into my normal software so that the user can at least kick-off the OTA upgrade via the normal browser connection.