Getting WICED_WWD_JOIN_IN_PROGRESS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RoDe_1773541
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Customer is getting a WICED_WWD_JOIN_IN_PROGRESS error message when trying to join wifi network.  Any idea what the cause could be?

-Rob

0 Likes
5 Replies
PriyaM_16
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello

Is the wifi firmware and blob file loaded ? You can check the console logs for the wifi firmware version and blob version. If theses versions are shown, the wifi firmware and blob are loaded.

Please let me know the application you are using for connecting to Access Point and the chip being used.

Are you using a  wiced_join_ap()/wiced_join_ap_specific() to join the network in your application or Are you using console application to give join commands?

The wifi firmware blob is loaded.  It's running v6.1.   It's a custom application, we have over 2000 deployed now, and we're using wiced_join_ap().

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you please let me know the cypress chip you are using? I have tested the join command in CYW43907 and I could easily connect to the AP:

152138: Event (interface, type, status, reason): WWD_STA_INTERFACE WLC_E_AUTH WLC_E_STATUS_SUCCESS WLC_E_REASON_INITIAL_ASSOC

intstatus: 0x0, NO PACKET

read pkt , p0: 0x532560

152153: Event (interface, type, status, reason): WWD_STA_INTERFACE WLC_E_LINK WLC_E_STATUS_SUCCESS WLC_E_REASON_INITIAL_ASSOC

read pkt , p0: 0x532be0

152173: Event (interface, type, status, reason): WWD_STA_INTERFACE WLC_E_SET_SSID WLC_E_STATUS_SUCCESS WLC_E_REASON_INITIAL_ASSOC

read pkt , p0: 0x52a9e0

152189: Event (interface, type, status, reason): WWD_STA_INTERFACE WLC_E_PSK_SUP WLC_SUP_KEYED WLC_E_SUP_OTHER

If you could explain your setup or a sample test case to replicate your problem, it would be easier for us to reproduce the problem here

0 Likes

We're using the CYW94343W with the STM32F4 mcu.  I can't reproduce the error on my end.  This is the error that a few of our customers are getting... What additional information do I need to get from the customer?  The majority of our users have no problems getting the product to connect to their access points.  Mostly invalid password or interference issues, which are easy to solve.  But I don't have a solution to the  WICED_WWD_JOIN_IN_PROGRESS (1023) error.  I'm not even sure what it means...

This is all the input I have from the user.

Hi There,I got it to work after several attempts to connect to the WiFi. This is our unit that we are testing to verify its operation, reliability and any issues that may affect the outcome of using this weather station as we intend to use it at several locations, So we would like to know what this error means and how we can resolve it in future. This is the most common error code, I have got when connecting to the wifi. This could be something to do with the configuration of the Access point or the Station itself.Also, is there any possibility to configure the wifi settings remotely or a configuration file that can be applied to the unit to ensure plug and play?

Thanks,

-Rob

0 Likes

Anyone have any ideas what causes the WICED_WWD_JOIN_IN_PROGRESS error when calling wiced_join_ap() ?

0 Likes