Failure to connect to WiFi network

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

After uploading the certificate and private key, and selecting a WiFi network to associate with, I see the following screen.

WebServer_AccessPoint_Stopped.PNG

When I view the puTTY terminal I can see that the device fails to associate with the network [below]. I have tried and retried several times making sure the password is correct. Any ideas how to proceed? pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Yes, could you please verify that CLIENT_AP_SECURITY in wifi_config_dct.h is not set to WICED_SECURITY_OPEN?

Also, you can download the test.console app to test out several APs if you have others operating within the area. You can use the join command to do this, type in "help" in the terminal to see the list of commands and usage.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you verify the password used for your AP and also that its security is of the WPA2 PSK variety?

Yes, could you please verify that CLIENT_AP_SECURITY in wifi_config_dct.h is not set to WICED_SECURITY_OPEN?

Also, you can download the test.console app to test out several APs if you have others operating within the area. You can use the join command to do this, type in "help" in the terminal to see the list of commands and usage.