FCC test tool for Raspberry pi 3B+ (CYW43455)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EtLe_4594881
Level 1
Level 1

We have developed a product with Raspberry pi 3B+ in it, which uses CYW43455 modules for wifi/blutooth communication.

Lately we are trying to get a FCC certification for the product, and we had a lot of troubles testing the wifi module. I'm wondering is there a software tool/utility on Raspbian(Linux) that I can use for FCC certification test?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Raspberry Pi product should be FCC compliant. Did you contact Raspberry Pi regarding the FCC certification test? In general, for our WLAN modules, regulatory testing is explained in section 4 Regulatory Testing Methods and Requirements in https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an225347-cypress-wi-fi-clm-regulatory-manual but this is generally required for WLAN modules that have not been pre-certified.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Raspberry Pi product should be FCC compliant. Did you contact Raspberry Pi regarding the FCC certification test? In general, for our WLAN modules, regulatory testing is explained in section 4 Regulatory Testing Methods and Requirements in https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an225347-cypress-wi-fi-clm-regulatory-manual but this is generally required for WLAN modules that have not been pre-certified.

0 Likes

I thought we don't need to go through all the FCC/CE processes since Raspberry Pi already got them, but the truth is we are required to do all the test again. It's probably because we combine Raspberry pi with other hardware module to create a new embedded device.

We did contact Raspberry Pi about the FCC/CE certification issues, and they gave us the same document you provided in your reply. The test lab is having some troubles even with the manual, that's why I was asking if there is some kind of software that can make things easier for the lab. I guess now they can only study the manual and solve the problems.

Thanks for your reply.

0 Likes