Does "ethernet" and "softap" can working together on 43907 platform?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does "ethernet" and "softap" can working together on 43707 platform?

so that other wifi device can connect the softAP(43907) and connect to internet through 43907 ethernet.

Does any reference code in the SDK?

I find snip.ping_ethernet.mk had disable wifi.

GLOBAL_DEFINES   := WICED_NO_WIFI

GLOBAL_DEFINES   += NO_WIFI_FIRMWARE

NO_WIFI_FIRMWARE := YES

1 Solution
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

I modified snip.ping_ethernet to enable Wi-Fi. I added wiced_network_up(WICED_AP_INTERFACE, WICED_USE_INTERNAL_DHCP_SERVER, &ap_ip_settings) to bring up the softAP interface and defined WICED_USE_ETHERNET_INTERFACE in the makefile. I observed that the ethernet ping was successful and the softAP interface was brought up successfully. So I do not see any issue with softAP and ethernet working together in CYW43907. But ethernet interface will only work with ThreadX RTOS.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
GauravS_31

I modified snip.ping_ethernet to enable Wi-Fi. I added wiced_network_up(WICED_AP_INTERFACE, WICED_USE_INTERNAL_DHCP_SERVER, &ap_ip_settings) to bring up the softAP interface and defined WICED_USE_ETHERNET_INTERFACE in the makefile. I observed that the ethernet ping was successful and the softAP interface was brought up successfully. So I do not see any issue with softAP and ethernet working together in CYW43907. But ethernet interface will only work with ThreadX RTOS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your answer, can you kindly share your makefile for reference.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
GauravS_31

Sure. I have attached the makefile for your reference.