Do any of Cypress Wi-Fi modules support IBSS or IEEE 802.11s?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaIu_4764026
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

The goal is to make a Wi-Fi mesh network based on IBSS or IEEE 802.11s.

1. Do Cypress Wi-Fi modules and their drivers support IBSS or IEEE 802.11s?

I plan to connect a Wi-Fi module to Raspberry PI 3.

2. So, are Cypress drivers supported in Linux 4.19 (Raspbian 10) or later kernel versions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

MaIu_4764026 we have a partner Embed UR who offer WiFI mesh support on our devices. You can check it out here https://embedur.com/products/Astral-Mesh.html

They use an AP/STA model of establishing direct links between extender units and an “exit” node.

What you can do is either contact your Cypress' local sales/marketing and they can introduce you to our partners at embedur or directly contact embedur stating this and they should be able to get you up and started depending on what your requirements are and what they offer.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Murali_R
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

maiu_4764026 are you looking at automotive/non automotive chips of 802.11s/IBSS ? We have a barebone implementation for wifi_mesh on the 43907, but this isn't mesh spec compliant. Regarding IBSS, I will check and confirm based on the type of chip that you are looking at.

Are you looking at fmac/dhd drivers? If fmac, it is supported. You may need to apply a backport. If you are looking at DHD do let me know and  I will check internally and get back to you.

Thank you for the reply, I just need a Wi-Fi chipset which is able to be connected to Raspberry 3 board via SDIO or SPI interface. Also I need to be sure that the driver of the Wi-Fi chipset (connected to Raspberry 3) is compatible with Linux 4.19 kernel (or later kernel versions) and provides IEEE 802.11s mesh network or IBSS functionality. Do you have a Wi-Fi chip matches such requirements?

0 Likes

The Rpi 3 already has a WiFI chip that comes with it. Can you let me know as to why there is a requirement for another WiFi chip? What are you looking at as an end application?

The Wi-Fi chip in Raspberry Pi 3 does not support mesh network, that is why I need to find another Wi-Fi chip with mesh network support. The point is to make a Wi-Fi mesh network where the nodes have a 30-50 m distance between them. It is supposed to transmit huge amount of data between the mesh network nodes.

0 Likes

MaIu_4764026 we have a partner Embed UR who offer WiFI mesh support on our devices. You can check it out here https://embedur.com/products/Astral-Mesh.html

They use an AP/STA model of establishing direct links between extender units and an “exit” node.

What you can do is either contact your Cypress' local sales/marketing and they can introduce you to our partners at embedur or directly contact embedur stating this and they should be able to get you up and started depending on what your requirements are and what they offer.

Thanks

0 Likes