Debug using Wiced 3.1.2 and STLink

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a board which has an ST microprocessor and BCM Wiced module. The ST Micro uses ST Link for debug. I followed the thread

SN8000 WiFi Module with STM Discovery Board in my attempt to get STLink working. I know the OCD (V4) delivered with Wiced needs the configuration stlink.cfg to work so I grabbed the config file from the standard distribution of OCD to make it work.

My command is "snip.gpio-BCM943362WCD4-debug JTAG=stlink-v2 download"

I keep getting an error:

I'm working with Wiced 3.1.2 and trying to connect to the board but I keep getting:

Downloading Bootloader ...

"**** OpenOCD failed - ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory, and that the debugger is not running **** In Linux this may be due to USB access permissions. In a virtual machine it may be due to USB passthrough settings. Check in the task list that another OpenOCD process is not running. Check that you have the correct target and JTAG device plugged in. ****"

Downloading DCT ...

"**** OpenOCD failed - ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory, and that the debugger is not running **** In Linux this may be due to USB access permissions. In a virtual machine it may be due to USB passthrough settings. Check in the task list that another OpenOCD process is not running. Check that you have the correct target and JTAG device plugged in. ****"

Downloading Application ...

I've also experimented with a couple of variants of the config files to get it working with no changes.

Any ideas?

2 Replies
JoYi_1844281
Level 6
Level 6
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 50 likes received

OpenOCD embedded with WICED SDK NOT support stlink!

Only FTDI variants and J-LINK

0 Likes

Hi,

The WICED SDK is not released with stlink debugger option.

The Olimex ARM-USB-TINY-H debugger "JTAG=Olimex_ARM-USB-TINY-H" could be used for downloading and debugging.

Seyhan

0 Likes