cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WICED Studio Wi-Fi Combo

hiko_4316286
New Contributor

Since the following error occurred when the program was started, the problem has been resolved by taking the action described in [1].

** ERROR: WLAN: could not download clm_blob file

** FATAL ERROR: system unusable, CLM blob file not found or corrupted.

[1]Details of support

When the Wi-Fi FW was updated, an error occurred due to an inconsistency between the placement of memory sectors managed by the application and the placement of external Flash.

"RESOURCES_LOCATION ? = RESOURCES_IN_WICEDFS", the external Flash could not be updated, which resulted in the inconsistency.

Changed the setting to "RESOURCES_LOCATION ? = By changing the configuration to "RESOURCES_IN_DIRECT_RESOURCES", the error will not occur.

Because the build error occurred when the above settings were changed, added the following settings so that the LUT can be written to the external Flash.

-----

/tools/makefiles/standard_platform_targets.mk

#ifeq ($(RESOURCES_LOCATION),RESOURCES_IN_WICEDFS)

download: $(STRIPPED_LINK_OUTPUT_FILE) display_map_summary download_bootloader $(if $(findstring no_dct,$(MAKECMDGOALS)),,download_dct) APPS_LUT_DOWNLOAD

#else

#download: $(STRIPPED_LINK_OUTPUT_FILE) display_map_summary download_bootloader $(if $(findstring no_dct,$(MAKECMDGOALS)),,download_dct)

#endif

-----

[2] Confirmation

There is a confirmation of the behavior when the software with "RESOURCES_IN_DIRECT_RESOURCES" is updated against the module with "RESOURCES_IN_WICEDFS" set.

It works with the current configuration, but I'm not sure how WICED affects it, so I'm asking.

1. If you set "RESOURCES_IN_DIRECT_RESOURCES", the filesystem will be included in the application and no inconsistency will occur?

2. Update "RESOURCES_IN_DIRECT_RESOURCES" software to "RESOURCES_IN_WICEDFS" module.

If I update the software again in this state, is it correct that "FR_APP" will not be destroyed when updating to APP0 because the LUT of the external flash will not be changed?

0 Likes
15 Replies