Combo Wifi + BT Chipset support on WICED

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone !

As far as I could see, there is only support for the BCM43362 Wifi chipset in WICED.

I was wondering if there was any plan to support combo Wifi + Bluetooth (and even FM!) chipset in the future. Any of the BCM4330/BCM4334/BCM4335.

I guess you might not see the point for IoT like devices to get all this connectivity, but well, that would be awesome for my project, so I just hope to see that happening !

Cheers

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Frederic,

The next WICED SDK release 3.0.0 will add support for the BCM43341 combo chip supporting dual band (2.4 & 5GHz) 802.11g/n with integrated Bluetooth 4.0

Regards

Dave

Anonymous
Not applicable

That would be indeed perfect for my project !

So now next step for me is to convinced module maker how awesome this product BCM43341 on WICED is going to be

Thanks for sharing this !

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, David,

The latest WICED SDK already supports BCM43341. Does BRCM have any plan to support BCM4330 for WICED in the next version SDK?

Regards

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tonycc,

There are no plans to add support to the WICED SDK for the BCM4330.  Are there any reasons why you cannot use the newer BCM43341 device?

Regards

Dave

0 Likes