Cannot program WiFi BT Pioneer Kit after switching to kitprog3 and then back to kitprog2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BeCo_289361
Level 3
Level 3
First like given

I have three CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT. Out of the box all kits are able to be programmed with wiced examples.

I have done the following with two of the three kits:

I used fw-loader to upgrade to KitProg3 so I could try modus.

I used fw-loader to downgrade to KitProg2 so I could go back to wiced.

Since I went back to KitProg2 I have not been able to program with wiced. See error below.

According to the documentation I should be able to use fw-loader to switch between KitProg2 and KitProg3. This does not work for me.

I have tried every possible led configuration

The board with original kitprog2 works fine.

The two boards that went to kitprog3 and then back to kitprog2 do not work.

Thoughts?

Error:

Downloading Bootloader ...

Building apps lookup table

"**** OpenOCD failed - ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory, and that the debugger is not running **** In Linux this may be due to USB access permissions. In a virtual machine it may be due to USB passthrough settings. Check in the task list that another OpenOCD process is not running. Check that you have the correct target and JTAG device plugged in. ****"

Downloading DCT ...

"**** OpenOCD failed - ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory, and that the debugger is not running **** In Linux this may be due to USB access permissions. In a virtual machine it may be due to USB passthrough settings. Check in the task list that another OpenOCD process is not running. Check that you have the correct target and JTAG device plugged in. ****"

Downloading resources filesystem ... build/ww101.02.04_button-CY8CKIT_062/filesystem.bin at sector 1  size 104...

tools/makefiles/wiced_apps.mk:335: recipe for target 'FILESYSTEM_IMAGE_DOWNLOAD' failed

make.exe[1]: *** [FILESYSTEM_IMAGE_DOWNLOAD] Error 1

make: *** [main_app] Error 2

Makefile:351: recipe for target 'main_app' failed

0 Likes
1 Solution

OpenOCD Failed, CY8CKIT-WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit

You may want to follow this thread... I added some of my trials and tribulations...

(note: I am using Windows 7 Pro so it may differ but should be very similar under Windows 10)

In Windows 10; click "search" icon, in search type "device installation settings"

click "no"; save

go to device manager select the port, make sure the device is plugged in and in correct mode... or at least the Programmer states it is in dap mode, the devkit may have led2 and led4 lit and steady, that is the mode I performed the steps in, afterwards, I got the correct indication from the dev kit of led4 lit and no other led's were lit. That is correct mode to program with WICED...

Portable_Devices.jpg

Right click and select update driver and select browse my computer

BrowseMyComputer.jpgLetMePick.jpg

Then let me pick, untick "show compatible hardware"; select Cypress; select Wiced Peripheral UART

SelectWicedDriverUart.jpg

Select "have disk"

Navigate to C:(where ever you have WICED installed..)\WICED-Studio-6.4\Drivers\Windows\wiced_uart

Select wicedport.inf

wicedport.jpg

Let that install...

Now it may Let you know "installing new device" or not, it not unplug DevKit and plug it back in. Make SURE that you did these steps!!!:

In Windows 10; click "search" icon, in search type "device installation settings"; click "no"; save

Anyway you will see the "installing new device" then, go to device manager, your goal is to see the kitProg2 device under Portable Devices"

Portable_Devices.jpg

Here is what I think happened, you had it installed properly, when you powered off and back on Windows 10 in its infinite wisdom installed the driver that "it" thought was best. I read an article about that, I've read so many articles, I could not re-reference it... But they were only speaking about Windows 7 which, I've never had as much issues with, as I have with Windows 10!!! which "they" shoved down our throats imho... Oh... uh I guess that is not nice

View solution in original post

31 Replies