Can I use the CMSIS of Cortex-M3 directly instead of wiced library?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all.

Can I use the CMSIS of Cortex-M3 directly instead of wiced library, for gpio, I2C etc. ?

(SSB-WM-N01, Wiced-SDK)

Of course, I can use the wiced libray for controlling a gpio, I2C in the snip examples,

but I want to control the MCU more detailed such as I2C, SPI comm. etc.. except the wi-fi function.

Best regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

The link is in the above reply. For the Cortex-M Series you can use the following link for the provided documents. You would have to create an account in order to download.

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.set.cortexm/index.html

Thanks,

Jaeyoung

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure. The WICED API aims to standardize the interface to common MCU features but it doesn't offer full support for every feature on every MCU and you are free to access CMSIS or even the MCU specific registers if you wish.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply, nikvh.

And so would you explain more how to use the CMSIS in the WICED-SDK?

Maybe is there any documents to use the CMSIS in the WICED-SDK?

Best regards.

0 Likes

Hi,

You can download the CMSIS documents on the Cortex core you are using directly from the ARM website.

CMSIS - Cortex Microcontroller Software Interface Standard - ARM

Thanks,

Jaeyoung

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot, jaeyoung.

Well, would you link what you told me?

Because of I am really a newbie using the CMSIS and WICED-SDK,

I don't know what I have to read the exact documents, actually.

I just use the CMSIS in the commercial IDE (IAR systems).

I will give you a few words of thanks for your kind.

Best regards.

0 Likes

Hi,

The link is in the above reply. For the Cortex-M Series you can use the following link for the provided documents. You would have to create an account in order to download.

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.set.cortexm/index.html

Thanks,

Jaeyoung

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, jaeyoung.

Thank you for your kind.

Sincerely yours.

0 Likes