Can I send frames directly to an lwIP interface on a CYW43340?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_4252696
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

I am working on a project using an the ISMART43340-C from Inventek Systems. This evaluation board has a CYW43340 module. This module is suppose to replace a different module currently used in the host device. The host device sends the raw data frames over UART to the module which has to pass them along to lwIP. It does so by accessing the link output and input from the set netif. Can I do the same with the WICED SDK? Are there any examples that can help me get on the right path?

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

There is no example readily available in WICED SDK to help you get started. But this should be doable going by the way WICED is organized.

Source files for LwIP is available here: 43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/network/LwIP

Your best bet to get started with is by checking out the wwd ping example as available in 43xxx_Wi-Fi/apps/wwd/ping/FreeRTOS_LwIP_Ping.c

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

There is no example readily available in WICED SDK to help you get started. But this should be doable going by the way WICED is organized.

Source files for LwIP is available here: 43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/network/LwIP

Your best bet to get started with is by checking out the wwd ping example as available in 43xxx_Wi-Fi/apps/wwd/ping/FreeRTOS_LwIP_Ping.c

The ping program does look like a decent place to start. Thanks!

0 Likes
ArZa_1140216
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Can't you use udp packets?

0 Likes

Sadly not since the host can send either udp or tcp. So I would have to inspect the frame content and keep track of all connections.

0 Likes