CYW954907AEVAL1F I2S setup

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EgMa_4731766
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!

Hi there. I'm working on bidirectional audio streaming application with the CYW954907AEVAL1F evaluation board and MAX98091 audio codec. I've already used this codec in another project, and have working driver to set up it. Also I'm able to communicate with this codec over I2C0 on the evaluation board. But at the moment I2S setup is unclear for me. I can't find any example in the WICED SDK 6.6.0. Could you please share any instructions or examples, how to setup I2S line on the CYW954907AEVAL1F?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Are you referring TDM to time division multiplexed audio data?
Yes, the audio applications have been removed from the recent SDK. As of now,  we cannot support the applications within the broad market release. You can contact the nearest Infineon local sales office to get the support via non broad market channels.

Thanks

Aditi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Aditi_B

Hi,

Unfortunately, we don't have any code example showing the I2S implementation in WICED for 43907/54907 platforms. But we do have the driver files for I2S for these platforms.

Location: 43xxx_Wi-Fi\WICED\platform\MCU\BCM4390x\peripherals\platform_i2s.c. You can also refer to the pin mapping and the peripheral configuration info in platform.c file. Location: 43xxx_Wi-Fi\platforms\CYW954907AEVAL1F\platform.c

If possible, can you tell us your application requirements?

Thanks

Aditi

Hi Aditi, and thanks for your reply.

I'm really disappointed, because there is no support for TDM. My purpose is just to stream audio over wireless network. I planned continue with developing multisource audio collecting device, but for now it seems impossible to do it in time with Cypress MCUs. Why do you removed audio examples? I found some in older versions of SDK, 5.x for example.

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Are you referring TDM to time division multiplexed audio data?
Yes, the audio applications have been removed from the recent SDK. As of now,  we cannot support the applications within the broad market release. You can contact the nearest Infineon local sales office to get the support via non broad market channels.

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes