CYW43455 bluetooth E.I.R.P Power > 10 dBm

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SqWa_4277501
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sir,

We are currently developing a product that uses Raspberry Pi 3 B+, which uses CYW43455 as its BLE solution.

Now the product is being tested for certification; however, the RF test result showed that the E.I.R.P power is more than 10 dBm.

The certification organization suggests that the transmit power can be lower to pass the test.

Could you tell me how to adjust the Tx transmit power? preferably by hcitool if there's any vendor specific command.

Since we didn't implement the firmware by ourselves so we don't have any kit in hand.

However, we will definitely get one if changing the Tx power requires re-programming the device.

Thanks for your reply in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi Squall_4277501​,

The use of RPI as a host platform with the CYW43455 is not supported here on Community (43455 under Linux/i.MX RT RTOS is supported). Can you please contact your local Cypress help team? They will help you to get proper support for this issue.

In general, we set the Tx power using a WICED API.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi Squall_4277501​,

The use of RPI as a host platform with the CYW43455 is not supported here on Community (43455 under Linux/i.MX RT RTOS is supported). Can you please contact your local Cypress help team? They will help you to get proper support for this issue.

In general, we set the Tx power using a WICED API.

0 Likes