Broadcom WICED Software Development Kit 3.1.1 Diver support for IOT

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

I would like to purchase IOT Boards form broad-com.

When can we expert the everything including known limitations like WPS ,STM31f1xx,WI-Fi direct, and RTO's issues,etc
How much support for Linux for IOT.I did not find information about Linux.

Kindly let me know the details.

Regards

Team lead ,

Srinivas Kakarla

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Before answering this question, I think it's important to explain the partner model we have implemented on the WICED Wi-Fi side of the Community.

Here's an overview:

1. Register on the Broadcom Community Website (corporate or university email addesses only)

2. Download the WICED SDK (current version is 3.1.1) and review the available documentation

3. Purchase a Broadcom BCM943362WCD4_EVB Development Kit from one of our franchised distributors

4. Develop a product using the Development Kit and SDK, while leveraging the community forums for technical support

5. Working closely with your distributor of choice purchase one of the modules from our authorized module partners

As it pertains to Linux support, note that while this is architecturally feasible (Linux port of WICED SDK), Linux is not supported here on the community forums.

Here's a good thread for understanding how to use P2P/Wi-Fi Direct within our environemtn: p2p(WiFi Direct) in WICED-SDK-2.4.0

We also support WPS (Wi-Fi protected setup).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Before answering this question, I think it's important to explain the partner model we have implemented on the WICED Wi-Fi side of the Community.

Here's an overview:

1. Register on the Broadcom Community Website (corporate or university email addesses only)

2. Download the WICED SDK (current version is 3.1.1) and review the available documentation

3. Purchase a Broadcom BCM943362WCD4_EVB Development Kit from one of our franchised distributors

4. Develop a product using the Development Kit and SDK, while leveraging the community forums for technical support

5. Working closely with your distributor of choice purchase one of the modules from our authorized module partners

As it pertains to Linux support, note that while this is architecturally feasible (Linux port of WICED SDK), Linux is not supported here on the community forums.

Here's a good thread for understanding how to use P2P/Wi-Fi Direct within our environemtn: p2p(WiFi Direct) in WICED-SDK-2.4.0

We also support WPS (Wi-Fi protected setup).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

Could you please  elaborate differences about this  two products BCM943341WCD1-EVB  and BCM943363WCD4_EVB.

Regards,

Srinivas K

0 Likes