cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WICED Studio Wi-Fi Combo

New Contributor II

Hi,

I am working with a CYW4343W and WICED Version: Wiced_006.004.000.0061

My Central application is behving as expected for most of the time, scanning for and connecting to a BLE Server, performing Service and Characteristic discovery, writing to the Server's CCCD, pairing and bonding etc. However, if I leave it to run for a few hours it will intermittently receive the BLE management callback event BTM_ENABLED_EVT with a value of WICED_TIMEOUT for p_event_data->enabled.status.

I have found that ignoring these WICED_TIMEOUT events ultimately results in one the of subsequent calles to a WICED BLE API function such as wiced_bt_gatt_send_discover() etc not returning, after which my application will hang awaiting the API call to return.

My short-term solution is to reset my device whenever the application receives BTM_ENABLED_EVT with a value of WICED_TIMEOUT. However, I would like to know what is the recommended procedure for handling such errors, please?

Also, what are the most likely causes of the BTM_ENABLED_EVT with a value of WICED_TIMEOUT, please?

Regards,

R

0 Likes
2 Replies

Hello,

Can you please share your application code and steps to reproduce the issue at our side?

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes
New Contributor II

Hello Anjana,

Unfortunately, it would be very difficult for me to publicly share our source code. Please could you give general answers to my questions:

1. What is the recommended procedure for handling BTM_ENABLED_EVT with a value of WICED_TIMEOUT, please?
  2. What are the most likely causes of the BTM_ENABLED_EVT with a value of WICED_TIMEOUT, please?

Best regards,
Rob

0 Likes