BCM4343W - BLE - GKI_exception 65524 getbuf: out of buffers

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BeOl_4470266
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hello,

I'm currently integrating the BCM4343W, integrated in the Type 1DX, with a STM32L4A6. I'm trying to validate the Bluetooth Low Energy interface on our board. Note that I've done this test using a Nucleo board and the Type 1DX dev kit successfully before, now the objective is to get it to work on our custom board.

I'm getting the following error when running ble_hello_sensor or ble_hello_client:

Started ThreadX v5.8

WICED_core Initialized

Hello Sensor Start

00:00:00.004000 GKI_create_task func=0x80159a5  id=1  name=BTU  stack=0x0  stackSize=4096

00:00:00.008000 GKI_create_task func=0x80170dd  id=0  name=HCISU  stack=0x0  stackSize=3072

00:01:00.111000 GKI_exception(): Task State Table

00:01:00.113000 GKI_exception 65524 getbuf: out of buffers

Note that I've been able to use the WiFi successfully on this custom board.

I have been probing the BLE UART interface between the STM32 and the Type 1DX, and I've noticed that the STM32 asserts its RTS but the Type 1DX doesn't reply with CTS, which sounds like a part of the problem.

Could the fact that the Type 1DX doesn't assert the CTS line lead to having the logs shown above or is it another issue?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I finally found the issue, which was a mistake in the power supply management. However this error was quite misleading!

Best regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Charles_Lai
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi,

The BLE UART interface has with flow_control enabled by default. So if the Type 1DX didn't reply with CTS, normally we could infer from it that its buffer was full, which is consistent to the line "GKI_exception 65524 getbuf: out of buffers".

In summary, I think you did run out of buffers so WICED was telling you "getbuf: out of buffers" and that's why the Type 1DX didn't assert the CTS line because of the lack of buffer.

I suggest you look into the buffer allocation and usage. And this is a frequently encountered problem, like this below:

BCM94343W_AVN ble wifi introducer GKI exception problem

[BLE] GKI buffers allocation increases abnormally

https://e2e.ti.com/support/wireless-connectivity/bluetooth/f/538/t/309784

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31661517/ble-stops-working-with-gki-exception-getbuf-out-of-buff...

Try the links above to see if they solves your problem.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sincere regards from​ C. L.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I finally found the issue, which was a mistake in the power supply management. However this error was quite misleading!

Best regards

0 Likes