BCM20702 BT stack support in BCM9WCDPLUS114

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am using BCM9WCDPLUS114 smart bridge board and WICED 3.1.2 SDK. Here they have stack libraries for Bluetooth_LE(BCM20702), here i want to know whether same stack also supports Bluetooth stack, if it supports can you please tell how to configure BM-GP-BR-65  in BT mode, or  if it doesn't support can you please share stack libraries of bluetooth BM-GP-BR-65. I am completely new to this technology, so if you can share information on this it would be really helpful.

Regards

Prashanth

0 Likes
10 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I moved this to the WICED Wi-Fi forums as the SmartBridge functionality we support for BT is currently available in the WICED 3.1.X SDK, not WICED Smart.

Note that we do not provide an embedded stack for BT/BLE that leverages this functionality.

What we do essentially provide is an HCI compliant controller.

Software Features Supported:

• RFCOMM client
  • RFCOMM server
  • Simple Secure Pairing
  • The following example support BLE Mode: bt_smartbridge, smartbridge_console and bt_smartbridge_mfg_test support

Note that everything listed now supports the new integrated BCM43341 Product Brief through the BCM943341WCD1_EVB evaluation platform as well.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for response.

So Can you please share an example for BM-GP-BR-65 to function in BT mode. Or steps to enable BT functionality in BM-GP-BR-65.

0 Likes

I am only aware of what is provided in the SDK and mentioned in the previous post

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please share BCM20702 datasheet

0 Likes

The BCM20702 SoC datasheet is not available here in the community forum.

For access, you would need to setup a Docsafe account, which is an internal documentation system for products not supported within the community here.

In addition, I have added several members of the USI technical team to this post as they may be able to help as well.

slc0508 paul_usi chintang calvin09 syiau1221 jone jfchen

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then can u suggest me, like how to configure Smartbridge example or any other BLE example given in SDK 3.1.2 to make it work in BT mode instead of BLE mode.

0 Likes

I will ask someone from the Wi-Fi team to respond.  I thought we included both an RFCOMM Client and Server, but I cannot find these apps in the WICED SDK.

seyhan vik86

0 Likes

Its in WICED SDK 3.1.2 snip.bt_rfcomm server and client.

hth

vik86

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Built and run that server example code. Its getting detected to my smart phone and its also getting paired with my smart phone Bluetooth.

Starting WICED Bluetooth

Bluetooth MAC Address : FC:4D:D4:ED:0D:30

Bluetooth Firmware    : BCM20702B0_002.001.014.0487.0000_Generic_UART_Class2_20MHz_WICED.hcd

Waiting for incoming connection ...

But Wiced board is not getting paired with my device i believe.

And also if i try with client code

Waiting 10 seconds before connecting ...

Connecting to server ...

Connection error!

i am getting these messages.

In application note there isn't much info about example.

So can you tell me how to establish connection between smartphone and wiced bluetooth device

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Can some one help me in connecting BCM9WCDPLUS114 board to wiced sense board. When i run smart bridge application i am able to scan for wiced sense pheripheral, but unable to connect,

Regards, 

0 Likes