Strictly necessary cookies are on by default and cannot be turned off. Functional, Performance and Tracking/targeting/sharing cookies can be turned on below based on your preferences (this banner will remain available for you to accept cookies). You may change your cookie settings by deleting cookies from your browser. Then this banner will appear again. You can learn more details about cookies HERE.
Strictly necessary (always on)
Functional, Performance and Tracking/targeting/sharing (default off)
At least 2 examples from Wiced studio 4.0.1 implement provisioning webpage:
I see the following issues on above examples:
1. Scan waits forever: in process_scan the call to func wiced_wifi_scan_networks() is almost always failing and the code hangs for end of scan on the next wiced_rtos_get_semaphore() call. When only doing scan operation it works fine, however mixing TCP transaction and performing scan result in error being yield from wwd_wifi_scan() and underlying functions.
2. Manually entering the credentials does not seem to work. I tried all encryptions provided on the provisioning webpage with appropriate username/pass, my IOT module never connects to my home AP after completing the provisioning session normally.
As per the description I have tried snip.config_mode example with Studio4.0.1 and I'm able to enter the AP details manual and connect to the AP. I don't have any problem with the connection. I want to know more details of the problem so that I can check and raise the issue internally.
I have use AWS kit and with no modifications of the application code I was able to run it without any issues.
When the page shows up normally, I can indeed connect to AP when I manually enter credentials.
However, the HTTP API is buggy and the scan does not work:
- wiced_dns_redirector_start is not effective, I assume that my iphone would immediately open device_settings.html for me after selecting the WICED provisioning AP, which never happens.
- the implementation of the scan within the webpage is buggy, looks like a scheduling issue as the call to wiced_wifi_scan_networks() function works one time out of 10, usually returning error 4 WICED_ERROR.
- quite often the browser hangs or is extremely slow when fetching elements from the webpage. Try refreshing the webpage a couple of time.