Access to MFi forum

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
vtunr
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes received 5 sign-ins First like received

Hi,

Can you grant me access to the MFi forum ? I added the MFi license in my profil.

Regards,

vtunr

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Send a PM to the user gangi

He will verify the 6 digit number against the Apple licensing database, then provide access once validated.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
MichaelF_56

Send a PM to the user gangi

He will verify the 6 digit number against the Apple licensing database, then provide access once validated.

I'm pretty sure I already done that a few weeks ago. I sent him a PM, will see if this time i have an answer.

Regards,

vtunr

0 Likes
MichaelF_56

I'll check with him.

GregG_16
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 25 comments on KBA

Verified and Done.

0 Likes
vtunr
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes received 5 sign-ins First like received

Thanks, perfect.

vtunr

0 Likes

Any chance I can get this done as well?  I updated my profile and sent a message to GregG_16 but haven't gotten a reply. 

BiFr_4660316

PM me and I will get this to the gentleman that needs to validate against the apple DB

0 Likes

Note that GregG_16​ found the PM you sent but it appears the 6 digit ID you provided doesn't check out?

0 Likes

Pretty sure I sent the right ID but PM'd screenshots of it and our contract number as well.

0 Likes

So one more thing, I did get invited to a group for HomeKit WiFI/BT.  Is this the only place for info on MFi?  While we are interested in HomeKit long term, we also were hoping to get information about the required additional hardware required by the cryptography (we just expanded our Apple Developer setup to include MFi so I'm still trying to learn where to look for stuff).

Also is the idea of using Bluetooth Classic to talk to iOS with a custom protocol just totally dead?  We have been trying to do some large file transfers to devices without WiFI and BLE has been killing us.

0 Likes

With regards to Bluetooth classic, I still see a lot of usage in the audio (AVRCP, A2DP, HFP) space, all forms. BLE Isochronous channel support on BT 5.2 may eventually shift this business to lower cost BLE, but legacy BT applications will exist for some time.

Many industrial customers also use the SPP profile for a variety of things and need this legacy support in existing products.

Another use case for BT EDR is FW updates as BLE 2Mb/s PHY is really tricky to implement when it comes to high speed transfers.

The downside is that an MFi license is needed on the handset side if BT is used vs BLE.

Can you share your experience with BLE 2Mb/s PHY?

0 Likes

Bill, your number checked out, so yes, I invited you to the HomeKit group. Apologies since my Forum notifications were going to my Clutter folder for a while.