AVS application for Alexa with SDK 6.0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

is the AVS application supported with SDK 6.0 ?

if yes, where is it located, and how to test it ?

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Apologies. AVS won't be featured in the broad market version of WICED Studio. If you want the AVS feature, you have to engage with Cypress Sales/marketing in your region.

mifosgup

View solution in original post

13 Replies
RaktimR_11

You can test the avs_app located in the demo folder of WICED SDK. You can find the test guide for the same [Question] Need AVS & AVS app test guide .

0 Likes

Raktim Roy wrote:

You can test the avs_app located in the demo folder of WICED SDK. You can find the test guide for the same [Question] Need AVS & AVS app test guide .

avs_app does not exist in sdk-6.0.

0 Likes

rroy

Axel is correct.  The Broad Market release of the SDK does not provide access to this application.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

mifo wrote:

rroy

Axel is correct.  The Broad Market release of the SDK does not provide access to this application.

It was in sdk-5.2.

Why remove it from sdk-6.0.x?

0 Likes

My apologies. The broad market release of the 6.0.x SDK does not have the avs application.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

So we cannot use the AVS application with SDK 6.0 ?

if not, will it be released for next SDK release ? and if not, why ?

0 Likes
RaktimR_11

It should be a part of the 6.1 SDK.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thanks.

0 Likes
RaktimR_11

Apologies. AVS won't be featured in the broad market version of WICED Studio. If you want the AVS feature, you have to engage with Cypress Sales/marketing in your region.

mifosgup

What is the reason for this?   I recently got an Arrow Quicksilver board and was hoping to control some I/O on it with an Echo Dot.    Is this possible?   Are there any examples on how to do this?

Mark

0 Likes

If you want AVS feature in your quicksilver eval board, you need to get in touch with Cypress Sales/marketing team to have the WICED Pro version of SDK.

rroy, Thanks for that info.   I've been mentioning what my goal is to the Technical Rep. from Arrow Electronics,  and he just directed me to look at "ArrowConnect" and didn't mention this WICED Pro version.   Should I ask him, or do I need to contact someone from Cypress?

0 Likes

I will explain to you the WICED Pro offering under separate cover.

sgupDilliSharma

0 Likes