4390 AP mode supports auto channel selection?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_2199751
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

We are using 4390 in hotspot mode.  I am wondering current SW support auto channel selection feature?

If we turn on the device, it selects the best WiFi AP channels and starting the device on that channel. This is to avoid the interference.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The BCM4390 is currently not supported here on the forum, but is supported by several of our partners through their own partner module programs.

The partners that support the device are outlined in the 2016 IoT Solutions Guide

Please reach out to one of those partners for 4390 support.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The BCM4390 is currently not supported here on the forum, but is supported by several of our partners through their own partner module programs.

The partners that support the device are outlined in the 2016 IoT Solutions Guide

Please reach out to one of those partners for 4390 support.

0 Likes
AxLi_1746341
Level 7
Level 7
10 comments on KBA 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Won Sang Cho wrote:

We are using 4390 in hotspot mode.  I am wondering current SW support auto channel selection feature?

If we turn on the device, it selects the best WiFi AP channels and starting the device on that channel. This is to avoid the interference.

Thanks

It seems WICED sdk does not support auto channel selection for any platforms.

I might be wrong, maybe someone from cypress can clarify this.

0 Likes