sdptool command doesnot search Serial Port profile in some android device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AyT_4488271
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted

When I run sdptool search SP, the device(android smartphone) displayed available SP service and channel as 8. This device has bluetooth terminal app.

sdptool search SP

Inquiring ...

Searching for SP on mac_adddr ...

Service Name: Serial Port

Service Description: COM Port

Service RecHandle: 0x10000

Service Class ID List:

"Serial Port" (0x1101)

Protocol Descriptor List:

"L2CAP" (0x0100)

"RFCOMM" (0x0003)

Channel: 8

"Serial Port" (0x1101)

Version: 0x0100

But I was not able to get SP service of another android device(doesnot have bluetooth terminal app) by running same (sdptool search SP).

sdptool search SP

Inquiring ...

Searching for SP on mac_adddr ...

and it terminates.

When I tried sdptool browse mac_adddr ,the output resulted with no SP support.

When I run same commands to get service of ios device, I was able to fetch Serial Port (SP) and it's channel of iOS device.

Whether android device doesnot expose it's serial port and channel number? How can I get the channel number without bluetooth terminal application?Whether bluetooth terminal app creates SP channel for android device and it doesnot have it's own?

Thanking in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi @AyT_4488271 ,

Would you please let me know which Cypress chip and code example are you using? Also, the device programming platform is WICED Studio of ModusToolbox? Please provide details.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi @AyT_4488271 ,

Would you please let me know which Cypress chip and code example are you using? Also, the device programming platform is WICED Studio of ModusToolbox? Please provide details.

0 Likes