how to install ez-serial?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
purplepig
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First solution authored

I have just bought a CYBT-353027-EVAL board, and I have installed WICED Studio.
This page says "Paste the folder in the WICED Studio 6.2 folder path …\ WICED-Studio-6.2\20706-A2_Bluetooth\Platforms\", but this path does not exist on my PC. 

I downloaded "ez_serial_cybt_353027_fw_image_1.2.27.27", but I can't find instructions on how to install it.

Can anyone advise on the next step? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Yes, please uninstall WICED STUDIO 6.6. It is only for combo devices. 

Please use WICED 6.2.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

If you only needs to run the EZ-SERIAL FW,  you don't need to download the WICED Studio. 

You can use the module programmer to program the FW and run the application referring to the ez-serial user guide.

https://community.cypress.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/WICED-Module-Programmer-User-Guide-KBA22506...

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/reference-designs/ez-serial-wiced-firmware-platform-user-guide...

0 Likes
purplepig
Level 2
Level 2

Actually I want to modify an existing project - this is the first CYBT part I have bought and need to start experimenting with the capabilities. I just don't understand how to get the "\20706-A2_Bluetooth\Platforms\" folder to exist in my file system.

0 Likes
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

The default  folder is located in "C:\Users\xxxx(user name)\Documents\WICED-Studio-6.2.1\20706-A2_Bluetooth\platforms". Please check it.

0 Likes
purplepig
Level 2
Level 2

This is all I can see in that folder. Do I need to uninstall WICED-Studio 6.6 and install 6.2.1 instead? Have I missed some checkboxes during installation maybe?

purplepig_0-1620641050128.png

0 Likes

Yes, please uninstall WICED STUDIO 6.6. It is only for combo devices. 

Please use WICED 6.2.

0 Likes