cyw20706, HFP reference design of WICED

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KeTa_1341526
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - TED (Japan)
10 likes given 10 likes received 5 likes given

Hello,

I am looking at the WICED 6.2.1 [20706-A2_Bluetooth] apps/snip/bt/hci_handsfree.

I have the following questions:

For example, if the FW that has not made any changes to this snip is downloaded to CYW920706WCDEVAL, does it work with only the PCM pin and codec IC connected?

When I look at the code, it looks like there is no assignment to the PCM pin.

In order to build only handsfree profile, please tell me about that method.

Also, what kind of CODEC IC is recommended?

Best regards,

Kenji Takahashi

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Kenji Takahashi San,

Q) if the FW that has not made any changes to this snip is downloaded to CYW920706WCDEVAL, does it work with only the PCM pin and codec IC connected?

A) It depends on the codec which you selects. You may have to include the code for initializing the CODEC and set up depending upon the CODEC you selecting

Q) When I look at the code, it looks like there is no assignment to the PCM pin.

A) The PCM pins are fixed, You don't have to assign it in the application code.

Please find the PCM pins from 20706 datasheet.

Q) Also, what kind of CODEC IC is recommended?

Please select linear PCM codec according to the sample rate and data width. Refer section 5.1  PCM Interface  in CYW20706 datasheet

You may also refer to below blog for sample rate support : WICED Studio Bluetooth Forums

Thanks,

Anjana

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Kenji Takahashi San,

Q) if the FW that has not made any changes to this snip is downloaded to CYW920706WCDEVAL, does it work with only the PCM pin and codec IC connected?

A) It depends on the codec which you selects. You may have to include the code for initializing the CODEC and set up depending upon the CODEC you selecting

Q) When I look at the code, it looks like there is no assignment to the PCM pin.

A) The PCM pins are fixed, You don't have to assign it in the application code.

Please find the PCM pins from 20706 datasheet.

Q) Also, what kind of CODEC IC is recommended?

Please select linear PCM codec according to the sample rate and data width. Refer section 5.1  PCM Interface  in CYW20706 datasheet

You may also refer to below blog for sample rate support : WICED Studio Bluetooth Forums

Thanks,

Anjana