bluetooth mesh advertisement and scan interval Settings

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoJo_2624151
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

Hi friends:

No matter how I adjust ble_scan_cfg and ble_advertisement_cfg in wiced_bt_cfg_settings_t, the overall power consumption of mesh cannot be reduced.At present, the power consumption I have measured has been around 26ma.

Is this normal?

I'm using CYW20706.

How do adjust?

微信截图_20190102151608.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
VictorZ_46
Employee
Employee
5 comments on blog 25 sign-ins 250 likes received

To be a good mesh citizen a node should be listening for the packets as close to 100% of the time as possible.  The exception to 100% listen rule is a Low Power Node that can wake up every few seconds, minutes, hours or even days, talk to its Friend node to find out if there is queued data and go back to sleep.  26mA sounds right for 20706.  20735, 20719 and 20819 have better RX sensitivity and consume less power.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
VictorZ_46
Employee
Employee
5 comments on blog 25 sign-ins 250 likes received

To be a good mesh citizen a node should be listening for the packets as close to 100% of the time as possible.  The exception to 100% listen rule is a Low Power Node that can wake up every few seconds, minutes, hours or even days, talk to its Friend node to find out if there is queued data and go back to sleep.  26mA sounds right for 20706.  20735, 20719 and 20819 have better RX sensitivity and consume less power.

I understand.But I am wondering why my modification has no effect.

0 Likes

Its a good question.  You are saying that you changed

.high_duty_scan_interval         = 96,               // High duty scan interval

.high_duty_scan_window           = 96,               // High duty scan window

to something like

.high_duty_scan_interval         = 96,               // High duty scan interval

.high_duty_scan_window           = 16,               // High duty scan window

and it still consumes 26mA. We can try to investigate if you are curious, but it will not work for mesh.

Thank you. I have been very confused about this question. I hope there will be new good news in the future

0 Likes