Wrong factory firmware on CYBT-343026-01?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SiBo_4533826
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi Cypress,

I purchased the devkit for the CYBT-343026-01 modules (CYBT-343026-EVAL) and was able to use it for my specific needs (run it in SPP mode) in an instant. Consequently I used the module in a design (replicated the evaluation board's schematic), received the boards, but the modules will not communicate through the PUART which leaves me unable to send/receive HCI commands for configuration. On top of that the name of the Bluetooth device is "MTK DUT 706" which is different from what the datasheet says.

I have not found anything related to this online and I am starting to be suspicious that there is a problem with the factory firmware.

Best,

Simon.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi Simon,

By default, CYBT-343026 is shipped with Ez-serial FW (https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-serial-ez-ble-module-firmware-platform ).

Also, I would recommend you to get your design (schematics) checked from Cypress. Re-checking on your own should also work. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies