Why device cannot scan address data for each other

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
YaTr_3516311
Level 5
Level 5
25 sign-ins First solution authored 100 replies posted

Hi,

I custome a FW, device should advertise and scan function.  I downlaoded my customed FW to two CYBT-343021-01. I called them BT-1,BT-2.

In my thoughts, BT-1 and BT-2 can scan each other. But they can not see each other(For example, BT-1 should scanned the BT-2's address, but no. And BT-2 cannot scanned BT-1's address). I don't know why. Please check my attach file.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Treacy,

When I tried to program the board with your code, it showed me error in wiced_bt_cfg.c file in BLE advertisement settings.

1. What is the value for WICED_BT_CFG_DEFAULT_ADV_INTERVAL? This value is specified in wiced_bt_cfg.h library file, which is 48 when set to WICED_BT_CFG_DEFAULT_HIGH_DUTY_ADV_MIN_INTERVAL or WICED_BT_CFG_DEFAULT_HIGH_DUTY_ADV_MAX_INTERVAL.

2. I changed the settings to default ones as that of Hello sensor demo code, then cud program the board. But it seems that your device is not advertising. I was not able to scan it using mobile or CySmart. Can you check the implementation of ibeacon_set_advertisement_data()? I did some quick changes but cudnt succeed. Will check again.

3. Can you check the implementation of hello_client demo app? I think that should help here as you are trying to integrate hello_sensor and client apps here as per my understanding.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies