Why device cannot scan address data for each other

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
YaTr_3516311
Level 5
Level 5
25 sign-ins First solution authored 100 replies posted

Hi,

I custome a FW, device should advertise and scan function.  I downlaoded my customed FW to two CYBT-343021-01. I called them BT-1,BT-2.

In my thoughts, BT-1 and BT-2 can scan each other. But they can not see each other(For example, BT-1 should scanned the BT-2's address, but no. And BT-2 cannot scanned BT-1's address). I don't know why. Please check my attach file.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Treacy,

When I tried to program the board with your code, it showed me error in wiced_bt_cfg.c file in BLE advertisement settings.

1. What is the value for WICED_BT_CFG_DEFAULT_ADV_INTERVAL? This value is specified in wiced_bt_cfg.h library file, which is 48 when set to WICED_BT_CFG_DEFAULT_HIGH_DUTY_ADV_MIN_INTERVAL or WICED_BT_CFG_DEFAULT_HIGH_DUTY_ADV_MAX_INTERVAL.

2. I changed the settings to default ones as that of Hello sensor demo code, then cud program the board. But it seems that your device is not advertising. I was not able to scan it using mobile or CySmart. Can you check the implementation of ibeacon_set_advertisement_data()? I did some quick changes but cudnt succeed. Will check again.

3. Can you check the implementation of hello_client demo app? I think that should help here as you are trying to integrate hello_sensor and client apps here as per my understanding.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi Treacy,

Your one device should be advertising (i.e. peripheral) and other device should be scanning (i.e. client) right. You have provided only one code, it is for peripheral or client side?

Please refer /20706-A2_Bluetooth/apps/demo/hello_client and /20706-A2_Bluetooth/apps/demo/hello_sensor demos.

0 Likes

Dear SheetaIJ,

I want my FW have both function(Both peripheral and client). For the scan function, it should be scanned the rssi, mac address, name and advertising data. But now the scan function can not scan the other device's information.(I download the FW to Device A and Device B, but they cannot scanned each other's mac address). Can you check my code?

0 Likes

Any progress for this problem?

0 Likes

Hello Treacy,

When I tried to program the board with your code, it showed me error in wiced_bt_cfg.c file in BLE advertisement settings.

1. What is the value for WICED_BT_CFG_DEFAULT_ADV_INTERVAL? This value is specified in wiced_bt_cfg.h library file, which is 48 when set to WICED_BT_CFG_DEFAULT_HIGH_DUTY_ADV_MIN_INTERVAL or WICED_BT_CFG_DEFAULT_HIGH_DUTY_ADV_MAX_INTERVAL.

2. I changed the settings to default ones as that of Hello sensor demo code, then cud program the board. But it seems that your device is not advertising. I was not able to scan it using mobile or CySmart. Can you check the implementation of ibeacon_set_advertisement_data()? I did some quick changes but cudnt succeed. Will check again.

3. Can you check the implementation of hello_client demo app? I think that should help here as you are trying to integrate hello_sensor and client apps here as per my understanding.

0 Likes

I have found my problem.  I don't call ibeacon_set_advertisement_data API. Thank you for your help

0 Likes