Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WICED Studio Bluetooth

AlGo_4347736
New Contributor II

Hello!

I want to learn more about using wiced_transport_send_raw_buffer. Stumbled upon her description in wiced_transport.h.

/**

* Function         wiced_transport_send_raw_buffer

*    Used when transport mode is WICED_TRANSPORT_UART_RAW_MODE. Available with the wiced_uart_raw_mode_lib.

*    Send the packet to the host over the transport using the buffer allocated by the application.

*    This function takes care of preparing the header and sending the data. The buffer must be freed

*    by the application if return status is WICED_SUCCESS.

* Note: Application has to allocate buffer from transport pool using wiced_transport_allocate_buffer

*         and copy the payload to this buffer and send the payload pointer.

*         This allows the application to use custom size buffers and avoid overrun of generic buffers,

*         which is shared across firmware code.

*@param[in]    p_buf                :Pointer to the payload

*@param[in]    length               :Payload length

* @return   wiced_result_t

*/

wiced_result_t wiced_transport_send_raw_buffer( uint8_t* p_buf, uint16_t length );

When compiling using this function, I got an error - undefined reference to `wiced_transport_send_raw_buffer'.

As far as I understood, I need the wiced_uart_raw_mode_lib library. Where can I get it and how can I connect it?

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

The latest BTSDK (v2.5) does not have the supporting library.

wiced_uart_raw_mode_lib library will be added to the next BTSDK release, hopefully with a sample application.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

May I know which platform (device) are you using?

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

The latest BTSDK (v2.5) does not have the supporting library.

wiced_uart_raw_mode_lib library will be added to the next BTSDK release, hopefully with a sample application.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AlGo_4347736
New Contributor II

Hello, DheerajP_41!

I'm using CYW920721B2EVK-02.

When does this update come out?

Thank you!

0 Likes
DheerajPK_41

Next release should come out in couple of weeks.

0 Likes