WICED CYW20719-B1: BT device/profile cannot be discovered or paired with iOS device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LixinD_46
Employee
Employee
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi Team,

Could you help answer and fix following BT relative questions and issues:

1. Does it the correct behavior that the BT SPP profile cannot be discovered and listed by the iOS device?

For example,

After downloaded and run the snip/bt/spp firmware (WICED Studio 6.0 or 6.1) in any CYW20719-B1 module device,

then turn on the Bluetooth device on iOS device to try to discover the target "spp test".

But the iOS device was always unable to discover and list the target "spp test" device the discovered device list.

2. Why the pairing operation always failed on iOS device with BT device, e.g.: snip/bt/a2dp demo project.

For example,

After downloaded and run the snip/bt/a2dp_sink firmware (WICED Studio 6.0 or 6.1) in any CYW20719-B1 module device,

then turn on the Bluetooth device on iOS device to discover the target "wiced a2dp sink" device.

After the target "wiced a2dp sink" device was discovered, click the target device to try to connecting and pairing with it.

But the iOS device was prompt that 'unsupport "wiced a2dp sink"'.

Is their any solution to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Dudley

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chun-AnH_91
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins First like received Welcome!

I think the answer is not completely correct. The iOS support iAP/iAP2 which is similar to SPP.

The device should claim a specific 128 bits UUID in the EIR data and enable SPP, and then during inquiry, iOS will recognize the device and connect to device's SPP. However once both connected, there will be some MFi work to do for both to communicate over this SPP.

Q1. Does it the correct behavior that the BT SPP profile cannot be discovered and listed by the iOS device?

A: IOS doesn't support the SPP profile, please refer to the following link for IOS supported profiles(I can only find the Chinese version - auto connect to Chinese version in Apple's developer link with my pc, sorry for that): iOS:支持的蓝牙描述文件 - Apple 支持

IOS supported profiles:  HFP/PBAP/A2DP/AVRCP1.4/PAN/HID/MAP

View solution in original post

3 Replies