Time to setup SCO connection

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LJYe_2922526
Level 5
Level 5
25 likes received 10 likes received 5 likes given

Using the 20706 chip our app connects to an external audio device using the HSP profile. When call starts, the app sets up the SCO voice link to the headset. I've been noticing the time it takes to establish the connection ranges from a few ms up to 3s. Is there any way for us to control/minimize this setup time?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I assume you are using wiced_bt_sco_create_as_initiator() to create the SCO channel. If your code is similar to the hci_audio_gateway example, then there is not much we can do.

However, it would be good to figure out the cause of the issue. Can you capture the HCI traces and post them here?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Enable debug traces in your application and open BTSpy.  In the traces, you should see a AT+BCS commands sent from the Audio Gateway (mobile app) which is the codec connection setup. After the codec connection setup is complete, the Synchronous connection will be established. By checking the time stamps on BTSpy and mobile, you might be able to determine the cause of the delay.

Since its always the AG that establishes the Codec Connection and Synchronous connection, there is nothing much that we can do on the HF. Just make sure that you have wiced_bt_sco_accept_connection() in the SCO connection request event and  wiced_bt_sco_create_as_acceptor() once you are connected.

Sorry, I meant to say that 20706 is the AG side, and it is connecting to a headset.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I assume you are using wiced_bt_sco_create_as_initiator() to create the SCO channel. If your code is similar to the hci_audio_gateway example, then there is not much we can do.

However, it would be good to figure out the cause of the issue. Can you capture the HCI traces and post them here?