Preassigned Pin Configuration of CYW20719B1 with Wiced Studio 6.4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PK
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hi,

We have a custom board in which we are using CYW920719B1 device. We have an I2C device on it, and an SPI NAND Micron memory on it.

While configuring the pins, I noticed that the preassigned configuration shows the following in SuperMux.wsm file:

<gpio name="WICED_P25" preassigned="WICED_I2C_1_SCL" enabled="yes" />

<gpio name="WICED_P29" preassigned="WICED_I2C_1_SDA" enabled="yes" />

On our board, we have 'wired' WICED_P29 to the SCL, and WICED_P0 to the SDA ports of our I2C device. So, will the following customization for our board work, or cause a problem?

<gpio name="WICED_P29" preassigned="WICED_I2C_1_SCL" enabled="yes" />

<gpio name="WICED_P00" preassigned="WICED_I2C_1_SDA" enabled="yes" />

We are using Wiced Studio 6.4.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best regards,

PK

0 Likes
1 Solution
Charles_Lai
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi,

According to the datasheet:

SCL and SDA lines can be routed to any of the P0-P39 GPIOs allowing for flexible system configuration. When used as SCL/SDA the GPIOs go into open drain mode and require an external pull-up for proper operation. I2C block does not support multi master capability by either master/slave devices.

See: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/datasheets/cyw20719-enhanced-low-power-bredrble-bluetooth-50-s...

Best regards

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Charles_Lai
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi,

According to the datasheet:

SCL and SDA lines can be routed to any of the P0-P39 GPIOs allowing for flexible system configuration. When used as SCL/SDA the GPIOs go into open drain mode and require an external pull-up for proper operation. I2C block does not support multi master capability by either master/slave devices.

See: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/datasheets/cyw20719-enhanced-low-power-bredrble-bluetooth-50-s...

Best regards