Maximum LPN Numbers ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LUAB_4724786
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 likes received 10 replies posted

Hi There,

I understand as a friend node there is a setting .max_lpn_num and this parameters define how many LPN Node can be friend in there and based on the spec it is state that the maximum number is "depend on free ram available for the design", I would like to know :

1. How many maximum LPN Number setting that has been tested previously on CYBT-213043-Mesh ?
  2. And ... is there any recommendation for maximum value without reaching max free ram ?
  3. How do I know that my setting is not using up total free ram ?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

LUTHFI AD

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

1.  2)

I afraid, we don't have exact test result for your query. We release the software after unit testing and few regressions.

Since, the availability of free memory on the chip varies with each application and implementation, the max number of associated devices can also vary.

3) You can use wiced_memory_get_free_bytes() to get free available ram on the device at any point.

Also, there is an inbuilt implementation of wiced_bt_get_buffer_usage() to get the buffer usage statistics of the app periodically. This info will also be helpful.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
LUAB_4724786
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 likes received 10 replies posted

Sorry accidentally pressed "answered", let me know if I have to make another thread or something else, thanks.

Best Regards,

LUTHFI AD

0 Likes

Hi,

1.  2)

I afraid, we don't have exact test result for your query. We release the software after unit testing and few regressions.

Since, the availability of free memory on the chip varies with each application and implementation, the max number of associated devices can also vary.

3) You can use wiced_memory_get_free_bytes() to get free available ram on the device at any point.

Also, there is an inbuilt implementation of wiced_bt_get_buffer_usage() to get the buffer usage statistics of the app periodically. This info will also be helpful.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Roger that Dheeraj !

And thanks those functions :

• wiced_memory_get_free_bytes(), I can use this to monitor the performance during our stress test later, niceee !
  • wiced_bt_get_buffer_usage(), I think I've seen this in mesh_application.c ... this one is the one started with "pool sized ..." thingy right ? for this ... any document to teach me how to read this statistic ?

Just want to share, last time I can only notice that I am taking "too much" LPN Numbers is based on the debug log stated "mesh application init failed" (default app mesh_vendor_specific) ... based on that, I can judge that it is too much ... last time I set 100.

So, I set half of it, 50 ... seems fine after several hours, 50 looks good to me.

Best Regards,

LUTHFI AD

Hi,

"'mesh application init failed" ->

This is not a good sign. I am checking this with appropriate dev teams internally.

The memory utilization can be figured out using the APIs which I have shared, and calculate the number of supported LPN for a Friend based on the the memory utilization and Friend configurations such as cache_buf_len.

As long as lesser value such as 50, is not stopping you from development work, please proceed.

I will get back to you once i get information on why the app init got failed.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Dear Dheeraj,

Thanks a lot ! and yes, for now it is still working with 50, I will wait for the good news then for higher value ...

Best Regards,

LUTHFI AD

The "mesh application init failed" will be fixed in the upcoming SDK release.